Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this page

Saturday, June 30, 2007

New portfolio weights

On Monday, I'm updating the weights of the systems in my portfolio.
The last update was a month ago, and at that time the new weights were:
extreme-os 127%
Weekend Trader 53%
Trend Plays #1 20%

This Monday, I will adjust these to:
extreme-os 88%
Weekend Trader 45%
Trend Plays #1 67%

Remember that the weights sum up to 200%, which represents 2:1 leverage. My subscription for extreme-os ends in a few weeks, and at that time I will replace extreme-os by another system.

The reason for the substantial changes is that I allowed the weight of Trend Plays #1 to go up to its "optimum" (from my calculations). I didn't allow this previously (deliberately limiting the weight first to 10% in May, then to 20% in June) because I found its length of history still quite short. The track record is now well over a year, and I feel more confident increasing the weight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that you're using the weights to represent your leverage but for what it's worth I would still state everything against a total of 100%. If you ever what to gear back the leverage to 1:1 then at least it is easy to compae your historical portfolio's weights against your current one. This would also apply to an increas of leverage.

Science Trader said...

Thanks for the suggestion. Let me think about it.