Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this page

Monday, June 4, 2007

TradeBullet and options

TradeBullet is a fantastic application for auto trading, but it apparently is not really designed for options. Today we discovered that a possible reason why the application sometimes freezes on my PC is that I have an open option position in my IB account. To avoid these freezes in the future, I will see if I can open a second IB account just for the purpose of the options (hedge), such that TradeBullet won't easily get confused. As always their customer service was great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know the option was the cause of the freeze?

Science Trader said...

Hi Jules,
Francis told me this after examining my log file. Because the number of distinct symbols for options is so large, the probability that one is not recognized by TradeBullet is higher than with stocks. He explained this also has something to do with errors in the IB database.
ST